function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ritswaney007ritswaney007 

Hostname mapping

Is there a way to have a hostname to ip appdress mapping on salesforce, like you do using a windows or unix "hosts" file?
LosintikfosLosintikfos
Hostname mapping is always done on your internal/external network DNS name mapping. sforce provide you the API for data in/ data out services.
LosintikfosLosintikfos
Will advice you speak to your network administrator or if you know how to do it open a port to a machine internal to your domain name. Could be your webServer.

Message Edited by Losintikfos on 08-05-2008 05:00 AM
ritswaney007ritswaney007
The secnario is like this
I am making an external webservice callout from salesforce to an https url.

The url doesnt seem to be accessible on the web, however I have the ip address, which this should resolve to.

So on using the url hostname, I get a Read TimeOut.

However if I used the ip address, I get a No Authorised Certificate found exception.

So what I need is to access the url by hostname, but have an underlying mapping, which would resolve to the ip address, just like how a windows/ unix hosts file would.

Cheers,
Ritesh
LosintikfosLosintikfos
The url doesnt seem to be accessible on the web, however I have the ip address, which this should resolve to.
So on using the url hostname, I get a Read TimeOut.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above looks pretty much like you have a DNS issue i think you should look into as i have said before. If you are 100% sure you can hit your webConsole using this IP address from the web, then Read TimeOut also indicate gabbage hangling withing your web server therefore retarting it will be essential.

{But i think DNS is the case here unless you confirm otherwise}

However if I used the ip address, I get a No Authorised Certificate found exception.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This gives the indication theres' some sort of communication between your server and sforce but you havn't downloaded the certificate WSDL and configured to your webserver appropriately. NB your personal generated certificate will not resolve with sforce if you configured your webservice on an HTTPS port.

Cheers:smileywink:

Message Edited by Losintikfos on 08-05-2008 05:39 AM