function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tlo300tlo300 

Person Account email on Case

Hi,

In our organisation we have the following set up. If a Case is made we link an Account to that Case. This Account is the person or organisation to that the Case is about. In the contact area we add the person that was actually on the phone about the Case. This person can be from the organisation or person that is specified in the Account field but also another 3rd party that is calling on behalf of the account specified.

Here is the problem we have. We have several formula fields that show the email and phone details of both the Account and the Contact connected to the Case (for reporting purposes). However, when a Person Account is linked to the Case as Account I can't seem to display the Email field on the Case. Even with formula fields on the Contact or Account (I figured I'd try that as Person Account is an aggregation of both those tables) objects I can't select this value in a formula editor.

Is there any way to get to this email address displayed without apex?

And why isn't the field PersonEmail available?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Like you said the account is a 50/50 part account, but part contact. You can actually add the person account under the contact lookup field and then it would work for you just like a normal contact.

PB