function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DeptonDepton 

when case is Closed child record is completed (checkbox)

Hi,

I am trying to set up a workflow field update on a custom object (child to standard Cases)

when the Case is set as closed, have a field update to  update one of the  child record checkboxes to TRUE

the "Rule Criteria" I have tried by now is 

Case__r.IsClosed = TRUE

AND( ISPICKVAL(Case__r.Status, "Cerrado"))

ISPICKVAL(Case__r.Status, "Cerrado")

AND(Case__r.IsClosed )

Case__r.IsClosed 

But nothing..............??

It ´s a look up relationship, I am pretty sure that if it was a master detail it would work (and I would have the option to select the case values from the rule criteria) but now i have to set the criteria with a formula

Any idea? Thanks!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SAPOCSAPOC

What you said is correct when you have master-detail relationship between Case and Custom Object while creating Workflow on custom object you would have option to select Case Fields.

As you have look up Relationship it is also possible to refer to Case fields using formula.

AND(Case__r.IsClosed, ISPICKVAL(  Case__r.Status  , "Closed"))

Give this in custom object  workflow rule criteria with Evaluation criteria "every time reocrd is created or edited"

All Answers

SAPOCSAPOC

What you said is correct when you have master-detail relationship between Case and Custom Object while creating Workflow on custom object you would have option to select Case Fields.

As you have look up Relationship it is also possible to refer to Case fields using formula.

AND(Case__r.IsClosed, ISPICKVAL(  Case__r.Status  , "Closed"))

Give this in custom object  workflow rule criteria with Evaluation criteria "every time reocrd is created or edited"

This was selected as the best answer
DeptonDepton

Thank you I have tried this and paste your formula which makes sense and no error where displayed.

I have also changed the evaluation to everytime a record is created or edited to be sure that I was not missing anything but no luck!

My status field for close is cerrado and I have copied and pasted it, with the same result

mmmm......

Cases - Milestones (look up relationship)

When i close the case i want to automatically autocheck  the child record box!!......I know you dully understood! 

What do you think?

Thanks again!

SAPOCSAPOC

check if your workflow is activated.

also if you are using custom status field you need to use case__r.status__c("cerrado").

workflow rules execute when you save them.

it doesnot work like case is closed and Milestone is checked automaticlaly.you need to go to Milestone ,edit and save.

if case is closed and you are creating new milestone using closed case then also check box will be checked automatically on Save.

DeptonDepton

Of course I have created a Milestone Workflow so what i was missing is that I have to Edit the Milestone to make it work.........

I will have to create a trigger..despite I am not too good but shouldn´t be the hardest one!!

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

:)

DeptonDepton

Which formula will suit best?? so i can click on Solution!!

SAPOCSAPOC

By mistake i posted another formula but i deleted it .Now you have only one formula .

DeptonDepton

Thanks!!!!