function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD 

Workflow Rule Formula for when Stage is changed from Closed Won to Closed Lost

I thought I could figure this out but need some guidance. I am trying to build a workflow rule that sends an email alert when an Opportunity's Stage changes from Closed Won to Closed Lost. 

Anybody (Stevemo or Shashikant)?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

Give this one a shot 

AND(
ISCHANGED(IsWon),
PRIORVALUE(IsWon),
IsClosed,NOT(IsWon)) 

All Answers

dibs!!!

iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD

Yes... this is an easy one I know... I have just been dealing with na4 being down all day and my brain is mush.

Here's one you can use that will fire when the Oppty is changed from IsWon to anything else.  But the tricky part is gonna be if the user tries to game the system by going from Won to Open to Lost.  What exactly are you trying to do and why?

AND(
ISCHANGED(IsWon),
PRIORVALUE(IsWon),
NOT(IsWon)) 

iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD

We are subscription based and one of our products has to manually be turned on and off. On occasion, people default or cancel their subscription and the process that team created is to change the Closed Won to Closed Lost. The problem is sometimes they are not notifying the right people when they do this so I need them to be alerted whenever this happens. I could see people moving something to Closed Won prematurely and then moving it back a stage, and this workflow triggering, even though they didnt move it to Closed Lost.

Give this one a shot 

AND(
ISCHANGED(IsWon),
PRIORVALUE(IsWon),
IsClosed,NOT(IsWon)) 

This was selected as the best answer
iSqFt_ADiSqFt_AD

I added a constraint for the RecordTypeId to be a specific one, but otherwise this worked perfectly.

Cheers man! I might have to send you some of my home brew... I get to crack the first one Saturday.

Also, Lake Erie Monster was just released so I snagged some of that again...