function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Uri MargalitUri Margalit 

Workflow beginner

Hi All,

I'm new to workflow so my question will may be trivial to you, but I spent days trying to solve it with no success (I even called SF support and they couldn't help me).

I create a workflow rule that triggered everytime a specific field in lead account is updated (the field name is support-form-subject_c).

The workflow create a new task (assigned to this lead). What I want to do is that the new task will have the value in the support-form-subject_c field in the comments field (of the new task).

For example:

When the support-form-subject_c field in the lead is changed to Critical-Bug

Then a new activity for this lead is created with subject (Open a ticket) and the comments field of this new task should be: Subject=Critical-Bug

How can I do it?

Thanks for your help,

Uri

GRStevenBrookesGRStevenBrookes

I would suggest the easiest way to do this is to create a workflow for each eventuality. I guess if you have multiple options in the support-form-subject_c field then you would need to create a workflow that when the value is 'Critical-Bug' create a task with subject as Critical Bug - when value of support-form-subject_c is 'xyz' create a task with a subject as 'xyz'

Hope this makes sense - please let me know if i can help any further.

Steve

Uri MargalitUri Margalit

Steve,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have 4 fields that I want the information from these 4 fields to be entered in the comments field. some of the fields are free text, so I can not know what will be inserted into them.

While I talked with SF support, they mention that workflow support only static fields and not dynamic and suggested that I'll do it using Apex trigger.

But I cannot find how to create the Apex trigger.

Thanks,

Uri

GRStevenBrookesGRStevenBrookes

I see - I think it would probably be better for you to ask your questions on the Apex Code Development board - one of the users of their will probably find your question very easy and help you out!

Sorry, its little above my skill level.