function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jenell_LJenell_L 

Help! - Workflow Evaluation Criteria not working

In the last week or so it seems like something changed in Salesforce which is causing my workflow rules to disregard the evaluation criteria that I have selected.

I have an auto-email sent out for two separate stages of an opportunity, and the evaluation criteria I have selected is "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria".

It however is ignoring this if someone changes the account that the opportunity is listed under and sending out the email.

Cause and Steps:
1. Sales person creates and saves an opportunity under the agency account that they are working directly with .
2. Their manager or I remind them that it needs to be under the client account that is working with the agency (the brand).
3. They return to their opportunity and change the account to reflect the correct account and save.
4. Salesforce sends out the auto-emails via workflow.

Expected:
The workflow evaluation criteria would avoid this being sent out again, because in most cases it has already been sent.

I can see what's happening... they are storing the criteria which is being evaluated at the Account level and so when they switch it is thinking that it's a new opportunity so it's applying my workflow... any ideas on how to get this fixed or of a workaround?

Message Edited by Jenell_L on 07-30-2008 12:57 PM
CarrieLeeCarrieLee
Could you, under "Edit Workflow Rule", "Evaluation Criteria" under "Rule Criteria", "formula evaluates to true" write an ISCHANGED formula about Account Name? You might even need to create a new workflow rule to coincide with any current rules, but it's a suggestion....