function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin 

[newbie] Generating Task after 5 web events - How?

We capture "significant" web events, such as downloads from our site. They are captured in a custom object. The downloads require the user to register, which creates a new Lead or adds the web event to an existing Lead or Contact. Some how a new Task is created in Salesforce after 5 significant web events, and I can't seem to figure out where it's defined. I have looked in Workflow & Approvals >  Tasks, in Workflow & Approvals > Workflow Rules, and in Leads > Auto-Response Rules -- and I've poked into many other places too. I just seem to be missing something.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing? Is there a place for functions where this could be that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris

Message Edited by ChrisTodd on 08-12-2008 11:28 AM
HarmpieHarmpie
Is it possible some APEX trigger is causing this?
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin

Harmpie wrote:
Is it possible some APEX trigger is causing this?

Thanks Harmpie.
Good thought, but doesn't appears to be there. I checked the custom object for Triggers, and none exist (Setup | Create | Objects). Any other ideas out there?
HarmpieHarmpie
You sure you checked all objects for events that might trigger the Task? Or just the Lead and Web Events objects?
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin

Harmpie wrote:
You sure you checked all objects for events that might trigger the Task? Or just the Lead and Web Events objects?

Harmpie,
Yes, I checked all the objects. Unless there's another place to look, this leads me to believe it must be coming from outside SalesForce -- something in our web portal that's feeding the events.
HarmpieHarmpie
That's certainly an option :)
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin
I finally figured this out. Part of my Portal integration has some configuration in SF. Thanks to all who offered their input and ideas.
:smileyvery-happy: