function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thuskerthusker 

Overdue Task Reminder Email

We use opportunity workflow rules to assign tasks to people for certain approvals . . . when it's their turn to review and approve, they get a Task assigned and are sent an emial notification.  However, I want to be able to set up a Task workflow rule that would see "If Task Subject contains X, Status is Not Started and the Task is Overdue by 3 days---send an email notification to remind the user that they have a task assigned to them."

I tried to do this based on criteria, but I don't see a way to define "overdue".  So I am guessing that this needs to be handled with a formula.  Can anyone help me with what that formula would need to look like?  Do I need a custom field for Tasks that would calculate "days overdue" or is there a way to get to that without the extra field?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by thusker on 08-18-2008 10:13 AM
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
I am wondering if you should officially launch an approval process which are pretty easy to set-up because they have an option to set a task based on any date field on the task and you can say Due Date Plus ___ Days and it allows you to fill in the number of days.

Meaning when you say the task is overdue I am assuming it is overdue based on the Due Date coming and going. That is my assumption.
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
Oops I think to make it easier could you use a Time Trigger that is at the end of creating the workflow, meaning you set your criteria as Subject = and Task is Open then add a time trigger to say if Due Date is greater than