function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
harrykapadiaharrykapadia 

Linking Custom Fields When Converting Leads to Contacts

Hi there,

I have a custom field for my leads called "Email Not Valid". It is a checkbox, and when checked, it means that the email address is not valid, based on previous emails bouncing. Pretty straightforward. I also have the same field for my contacts. The problem I have is that when I convert a lead to a contact, that field does not carry over and stay checked off. Is there any way that I can link the two custom fields to carry over?

Thanks
FreshFresh
Hi Harry,

This can be done by mapping the custom fields for conversion. Just go to Setup --> Leads --> Fields and down by the custom fields you will see a button that says, "Map Lead Fields". From this screen it will show you all of your custom fields on the Lead and give you a drop-down of all the custom fields on the Account and Contact you can map it to. I hope this helps!

Jeff
harrykapadiaharrykapadia
Thanks a lot. I knew there was a simple way to do it, I just didn't know where to go.
Shirley LafuenteShirley Lafuente

I'm trying to do something similar except that that drop down only allows you to map to either contact, account, or opportunity. 

I want to map secondary lead source from the "Lead" object to "Contact" and also to "Opportunity.

So a custom field to a custom field.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.