function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Herb TarlekHerb Tarlek 

How do you place a photo with your Lead?

I'm new to using Saleforce. I have the Professional version and am the sole user (and administrator) at my company. I'd like to be able to add the occasional photo (mug shot) to my Leads. And ideally I'd like it to appear up top in the "Lead Detail" section, near the name. Any one know how to do that?

~Thanks~
FreshFresh
Unfortunately there is no real way to do this. You can have a formula field display an image, but you couldn't have a different image for each lead, or upload a mug shot of that lead. Your best bet would be to attach it in the Notes & Attachments section.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news =(
PeanutmanPeanutman

Hi!

We have an image field on the User object with a photo of each of our Account Executives.

What we did was create a custom field (URL). We then loaded the URL of where the photo was stored.

We then created a second custom formula field and then using IMAGE created a custom formula which referenced the URL.

The Formula is very simple: IMAGE( Low_Resolution_Image__c, "photo")

Hope this helps.

Eric

Herb TarlekHerb Tarlek
Thanks for the advice and tips. I think it's interesting that my Outlook Contacts directory allows me to easily load an image so it appears on my phone and any emails I receive from that contact, yet Salesforce doesn't have that capability/feature ...yet. Wonder if Microsoft CRM does? Just wondering....  :smileywink: