function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist 

Case Comment Rule on Reporting

When I create a report to include Case Comments it shows the case on the report (X however many comments there are as follows);

If I have 2 Case Comments the Case reports twice and the record count is 2. Even though the case is really (1) case.

Is there anyway to run a report by case with case comments and only have the case show up as one record

Hopefully there is an easy answer here, thanks
geis6geis6
I'm looking for the answer to this as well.  Have you figured anything out?

Cheers,
Ward

Message Edited by geis6 on 09-26-2008 11:52 AM

Yes, however it is somewhat of a crazy work around, you add a field to the Case Layout called Case Record Count and have it be a formula field, choose text, then just put "1" so everytime you create a case it stores a (1) in Case Record Count, then when you run the report you do a record count using that field and it gives you the accurate case record count. However, it still repeats the case details however many times there are comments which is not 100% what I wanted it to do, I just wanted it to repeat the comments but that is Salesforce. It get's you 80% of what you need, really well.

I believe there is an Idea Exchange about this as well, however I can not find it because I HATE the new Idea Exchange Look.

Sometimes it shows the Old Idea Exchange and sometimes it shows New Ugly, Yucky Idea Exchange.... Not consistent.
JakesterJakester
Glad to hear I'm not the only one disliking their new look. Vote for my idea to allow us an option to revert.