function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Igor@ptyIgor@pty 

Can I have one layout for viewing fields an another layout for editing!?

Hello everyone!!!

I've been trying for two days to create a different layout for edting purposes only without any luck even with the online help.

Here are the specifics.... I have enterprise edition and I've created two custom field CfieldA and CfieldB. In addition, I created a custom formula field called CfieldF.

Now, CfieldF is the field displayed in the layout and is equal to concatenate(CfieldA&" "&CfieldB). When I click the edit button I would like to hide CfieldF and show CfieldA and CfieldB, so the user can type the proper information on each field.

How can I acomplish this? Any Ideas? I've tried to use record types but didn't quite work the way i wanted tho' :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

CRMGeneralistCRMGeneralist
What is the field type of F? Is it a formula field? Normally formula fields are hidden in Edit mode and only appear upon saving the record.
Igor@ptyIgor@pty
yes, is a formula field but if I take out the CfieldA and CfieldB from the display layout it wont show on the edit layout. I need to hide the CfieldA and CfieldB from the display layout and show it in the edit layout.

hope this is more clear now