function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BlachamoohaBlachamooha 

Custom Links on Account - Google map showing directions from Billing address to shipping address

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom link on the Account page which, when clicked, will open up a google map and use the addresses, mailing and shipping, to get directions to one another. I realize that there is URL manipulation involved but when I try to replace the address with fields the background map showing topography grays out because of required coordinates in the URL.

Has anybody dealt with this / have any ideas.

Thank you,

Ben
JakesterJakester
I'd try something like this:

Code:
http://maps.google.com/maps—f=
d&saddr={!Account.ShippingStreet},{!Account.ShippingCity},{!Account.ShippingPostalCode}
&daddr={!Account.billingStreet},{!Account.billingCity},{!Account.billingPostalCode}
&hl=en&ie=UTF8&z=13

BlachamoohaBlachamooha
Thanks a lot. This is what I ended up going with because I needed to grab info. from the opp and account:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr={!Account.BillingAddress}&daddr={!Opportunity.Address__c}&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls

Thank you
Michelle Daniels 11Michelle Daniels 11
This link is exactly what I'm looking for. The problem is I'm trying to map Account billing address and the address of a custom field on the case object called Selling Dealer. I can't figure out how to do the formula for the custom field as it's not showing up in the insert merge fields when creating the link. The custom field for Selling Dealer is a formula field as follows:  HYPERLINK("/"+ Contract_New__r.Account_Name__r.Id ,Contract_New__r.Account_Name__r.Name).  Is there anyway to put this into the webaddress to pull the billing address for this field? I've also tried just using the API Name: Selling_Dealer__c, but when I check the syntax it says it doesn't recognize it as a field. Any ideas?