function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CourtesyCourtesy 

Alert Owner when Customer Reply is Attached to a Case

I've got to think this is a common request, but I didn't find an answer in my searching...

We are using Email-To-Case.  After a case is created, the support person will send an email to the customer from the support mailbox.  When the customer replies to that email, it is routed to Salesforce using email-to-case and the reply is automaticaly attached to the case because of the ID number in the email.

What I need to do is figure out how to make it so that an email alert is sent to the case owner to notify them that a customer's reply has been attached to their case.

Does anyone already have some code that does this?

BrookesyBrookesy

Hi Courtesy,

You can do this a few ways, though one only sets a task (unsure if this is satisfactory). It works for me, but im not sure if its because im the only one handling the incoming for the address (Its just a CR address)

But if you click "Create Task From Email" in the Email-To-Case section it will automatically create a Task for you.

If you actually want an email set you can create a workflow that ticks a tickbox on the case (that you can keep hidden). Then create another workflow that works off that tickbox. Just remember to set workflow to remove the tick :)

The workflow is based off Email Message object when you Create New Workflows.

Hope this helps. 

gtriassigtriassi

I don't know if this is a new feature, but there is a standard checkbox feature when you go to the Email-to-Case Settings page - 'Notify Case Owners on New Emails'.  I think all you need to do is set this flag to achieve your goal.

Good luck!