function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Big EarsBig Ears 

Eclipse - Sporadic Lock-Outs - Please, please help

Hey guys,

Bit of an emergency here. My Eclipse IDE has suddenly sporadically stopped accepting my password and security token. If I try too often, I then get locked out of my Sandbox for half an hour.

The problem began on Thursday, and I have had the IDE sporadically locked out due to lack of security token, allowed access (mysteriously) and then locked out again without any obvious reason

I'm still able to access my sandbox via the browser (when not locked out) and the user logs indicates that the security token is required, even though I'm definately inputting it into Eclipse:

Partner Product           Failed: API security token required

To make matters worse, I've just deployed some code, which has a bug that needs fixing and I can't re-deploy the code fix!

Salesforce support is telling me that Eclipse IDE isn't supported and are not being super helpful. My IT guys tell me that nothing has changed at our end to cause security lock-outs.

Does anybody know any issues with the new Eclipse IDE / APEX versions or know of anything that might be causing this?

Any help would be massively, massively appreciated. I'm completely at a loss.

Message Edited by Big Ears on 03-11-2009 11:31 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Big EarsBig Ears

Somesh,

Thank you for your help. The problem was at our end. Our IP address kept shifting, putting us briefly outside the trusted IP address network. Quite why the Security Token wasn't being stored/accepted in these situations is still unknown.

However, my immediate problem is solved. Thank you for your time.

With kind regards

Andy

All Answers

SomeshSomesh

What version of the IDE are you using?

I am wondering if there is an issue with logging in through the Partner API which is what the IDE uses.

here's a way to test that.

go to https://tapp0.salesforce.com/?startURL=/soap/ajax/15.0/debugshell.html ( change tapp0 to cs1 or cs2 ) depending on where you sandbox org resides and login.

after that.

see if the following command works

sforce.connection.login("yourusername","yourpasswordyourtoken"); note. the password and securitytoken is 1 word.

Also, on an unsuccessful login from the IDE, you could check on the login history for your sandbox org through the browser and see why the login failed. ( if that's any different from what you mentioned as user logs)

Hope this helps 

Big EarsBig Ears

Somesh,

Thanks for your response. Using the direction you gave me, I am unable to log-in when using my password and Security Token.

Oddly, the Eclipse IDE has begun working this morning. On checking the Project properties, it looks like the security token isn't in there any more.

On checking my Login History for the application the failed log-ins display the following information:

andrew@carbonneutral.com.tcnc11/03/2009 17:31:24 GMT87.85.193.242Partner ProductFailed: API security token requiredJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/ASOAP Partner15.0

Does this make sense to you? I'm using Eclipse SDK 3.3.2 and the Force.com version 15.0.0.200902181452

Is there anyway to further interogate the log-in attempts to get more data?

The only working theory I have at the moment is that it seems to work in the mornings, but not the afternoons, which can't be right!

Andy

SomeshSomesh

hmm...that's wierd....you should be able to login from the ajax toolkit. If there's a problem there, the logins from the IDE will most certainly fail.

Quoting text from salesforce:

When accessing Salesforce either via a desktop client or the API from outside of your company's trusted networks:

If your password = "mypassword"
And your security token = "XXXXXXXXXX"
You must enter "mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX" in place of your password

Note that you do not enter a security token in place of your password when logging into Salesforce via a browser.

the only other problem could be that the security token isn't being stored in the IDE after you enter it. But i checked that and it seems to be working fine.

Maybe you can add your ip address to the trusted list of IP addresses in your org and see if that resolves the problem. that should be available in setup->security controls->network access. 

dmchengdmcheng
I'm having the same IDE lockout problem with one of my client's sandboxes.  The odd thing is, there are two sandboxes - I can login to one just fine, but the other one locks me out after I refreshed it this morning.
SomeshSomesh

are the sandboxes on 2 different instances?

if not which instance  are your sandboxes on?

do you also use a security token to login?

dmchengdmcheng
Yes they are in the same instance and I use a security token for each one.  They're both on cs2.salesforce.com
SomeshSomesh

Could you please try the steps i mentioned in the 2nd message of this thread. logging in from the debug shell. 

Thanks

dmchengdmcheng
I get INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
dmchengdmcheng
I refreshed the sandbox, reset the security token again, and it's working now.  There must have been some problem when I refreshed the sandbox the first time.
SomeshSomesh
yeah...i think its a sanbox login issue. will look into it and notify the folks.
Big EarsBig Ears

Somesh,

Thank you for your help. The problem was at our end. Our IP address kept shifting, putting us briefly outside the trusted IP address network. Quite why the Security Token wasn't being stored/accepted in these situations is still unknown.

However, my immediate problem is solved. Thank you for your time.

With kind regards

Andy

This was selected as the best answer
shriram duebeyshriram duebey
Hi, i was also solved this issue by updating the credentials in eclipse by the the follwing steps:-

First you need to log out from any other system or browser you have logged in then
Right click on the project-->properties->update the credential in eclipse of your org.

This helps to me
Thanks