function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RockyMountainRockyMountain 

Google Spreadsheets API - hits Callout limit of 10 ??!?

Please help.

I am trying to use the Google Spreadsheets API with a list feed. This works fine with a handful of rows.

However, with more than a handful of rows (approx 7 or 8), any other rows never get inserted/updated.

I think this might be because Apex will only make 10 callouts and just seems to 'stop working' without reporting any errors (I guess I use a couple of callouts to get the spreadsheet etc).

From the debug log:      Number of callouts: 10 out of 10 ******* CLOSE TO LIMIT
Is it the case that I can only make 10 callouts when working with a Google spreadsheet? If so, that's a pretty serious limitation.

Bms270Bms270
 Yes indeed this is a very serious limitation! I personaly got stuck there and it seems like there is no way to work around it. they have a limitation of 100000 byte (1MB) for each callout and 10 callout per run. so it means that if you have any data bigger than 10MB then forget salesforce! this keeps their platform for only super small businesses. They should increase or just remove these limitations!!
Joseph FerraroJoseph Ferraro

RockyMountain wrote:
Please help.

I am trying to use the Google Spreadsheets API with a list feed. This works fine with a handful of rows.

However, with more than a handful of rows (approx 7 or 8), any other rows never get inserted/updated.

I think this might be because Apex will only make 10 callouts and just seems to 'stop working' without reporting any errors (I guess I use a couple of callouts to get the spreadsheet etc).

From the debug log:      Number of callouts: 10 out of 10 ******* CLOSE TO LIMIT
Is it the case that I can only make 10 callouts when working with a Google spreadsheet? If so, that's a pretty serious limitation.

i'm having the same problem.  I run into either the "number of callouts" limit or the "callout response size" limit.