function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
heiriticheiritic 

error web service callout SOAP Fault: BEA-380000: Internal Server Error faultcode=soapenv

hi everyone,

here I got an issue regarding calling web service in apex class. I generate the web service into apex class and call that apex class from another apex class and the error I got from visualforce :

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: BEA-380000: Internal Server Error faultcode=soapenv:Server faultactor=

If the web service used in .net application, it works fine. is there something I don't know about this. any help and suggestions would be great. thanx

regards,
edwin

aalbertaalbert
When I've run into similar Callout issues in the past, I have used the Execute Anonymous functionality of the Force.com IDE. Its one of the Eclipse perspectives. In that perspective/view, you can output the Callout SOAP request and response. So in the Execute Anonymous perspective, build a simple test case to invoke the callout and check the debug output for the SOAP msgs.

heiriticheiritic
hi aalbert,

thanx for the reply and the suggestion. I have tried that method and here the debug log I got :

20090108060415.529:Class.testPack.TitleService.SaleforceTestServiceImpl.Search: line 41, column 13:     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><soapenv:Fault><faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode><faultstring>BEA-380000: Internal Server Error</faultstring><detail><con:fault xmlns:con="http://www.bea.com/wli/sb/context"><con:errorCode>BEA-380000</con:errorCode><con:reason>Internal Server Error</con:reason><con:location><con:node>RouteTo_SaleforceTestServiceImpl</con:node><con:path>response-pipeline</con:path></con:location></con:fault></detail></soapenv:Fault></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

Is this the exact error from web service callout ? Is this can be fixed ? I don't know how to read this.
thanx

regards,
edwin
aalbertaalbert
I think that is the error message returned by your web service (not the SFDC web service).
The System.Callout exception in the Apex Code is probably caused by not properly handling a SOAP FAULT in the BEA web service, but the root cause looks like the "Internal Server Error" on the external web service.

heiriticheiritic
Ok, so I guess the external web service can't be called from the apex class.
thanx aalbert

regards,
edwin
Pooja05Pooja05

Can you
tell me how can I read the error message returned (similar to urs)and display it on the screen
for the user to read.

Part of the Message I get from the web service

s

I am using catching the error as e.getMessage()

Web service callout failed: WebService returned
a SOAP Fault: JobFailed faultcode=soap-env:Client faultactor

I want to read the text tag in the returned response which details out why the call failed. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Pooja

SFDC1 Admin1SFDC1 Admin1
Hello Heiritic,
Thank you for starting this thread. I had a similar error at my end.
It is actually possible to call external web service from apex class. This is called Callout. 
Kindly refer the article:
https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Apex_Web_Services_and_Callouts

Also, while facing this error, we need to approach the external webservice provider to check the reason for the error.

Thank you,
Parinitha