function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Enov AppsEnov Apps 

Make the workflow rule only to certain user roles (business units)

Hi,

I have the same issue here. We have three Business Units and i want to exclude 2 business units from a workflow rule (and its email alert).

But still all the users in Salesforce get into the workflow, instead of only 1 business unit.

For example i use this workflow:

1. Status - equals - signed by customer

2. Activity - equals - Invoice

3. Current User: Role - contains - Solutions, Business Consultancy

Filter Logic: NOT 3 AND (1 AND 2)

Now i want only the Business Unit Managed Services is in the workflow rule, so i want to exclude Solutions and Business Consultancy.

Like this, all users get it, how can i change it so only the users of Business Unit Managed Services gets it?

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Who are you building your WFR Criteria?  are you using the Criteria Builder or the Formula Wizard?

Enov AppsEnov Apps

I'm using the Criteria builder

Enov AppsEnov Apps

Does anyone have an idea for this?

Do you need to remove them from the WFR Crtieria or just the Email Alert?  Can you post screenshots of both?

Enov AppsEnov Apps

Hi,

We use several WFR with email alerts in it. Here is an example of an workflow rule and its email alert. We want to organize it so that only the User in the business unit  who is responsible to receive it.

Workflow Rule: http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac88/Enovation_Apps/WorkflowRule.jpg

Email alert: http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac88/Enovation_Apps/emailalert.jpg

Enov AppsEnov Apps

Does someone have an idea already? It's really something we want to get solved within our company.

I would try using the Formula Wizard instead of the Criteria Builder.  Also I don't understand the Filter Logic that you are using in your screenshot (that might be what is wrong)