function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Viasur72Viasur72 

If field is populated enter data in another field.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can give me a hand with this formula. I have a field that needs to be populate with a name from my Contacts object. This field is a differente Page Layout but also from the Contacts object.

On this page I need to add the name of a Contact and I want that when this happens a field will also be populate and the information will be taken from the name of the person that I add.

So, in a Contatc page I have a field that I can populate from a lookup that contains all contacts. When this happens I will like to have another field populate automat. with information from the name of that person contact page.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

PratzPratz

Can you rephrase this issue in proper English so that I can understand it better?

Viasur72Viasur72

Umm, I'm not English .... no only english people are using salesforce? .... But here I will try again.

I have 2 layout pages for the Contacts object. 2 pages.

In the second page I have a couple of extra fields that need data to be fill in, populate,entered????  (mandatory)

Ok ...

On those 2 extra fields from the second Contact pages I want to have a formula that when you enter a name on the first extra field it will fill in, populated, enter ?? data from a field from the first Contact page into the second extra field.

So, on the second page I have two extra fields and on the first field I enter a name (from the Contact object) and it will automatically fill the second field. The infomration that needs to go to the secoind field also comes from the Contacts first page layout.

And this is the best I can do been a not english person and all ..... I can explain it to you in Duch and Spanish if you needed.

Now, can you help me or is not anglo enough for you? :smileysurprised:

Thanks.