function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RejonesRejones 

Multi Select Picklist and Reports

I am wondering if anyone ever figured out how to run a report grouped by a Multi Select Picklist and have it sperate the values

For Example I have a field in Opportunities called Type it list the different types of products that we offer and is a multi Select picklist as one customer could be using several of our products. 

I issue is that I need a report that shows me sale by product.  It is grouping them together based on the differnt variation of what is selected.

How can i get an accurate count for each product? Is there a formula that I build in the report that will accomplish this?

I know the easiest way to do this would be to have them add products in an opportunity and had I been the first admin here that what I would have done but I am not so I need to create a report around what another person created. 

PratzPratz

I am assuming that you want a Report to look like this:

Products            Purchase Combination         Number of Sales    

--------------          -------------------------------          ----------------------

Product A             A,B,C                                            10

B.,C                                                 4

A,B                                                  23

A,C                                                 12

Product B            A,B,C                                             10

Product C             A,B,C                                            10

Am I correct? 

RejonesRejones

Sort of I really need a $ amount instead of an item count. I am trying to build a pipline report by product. 

Steve :-/Steve :-/

The only way to do it would be to create a separate Formul(Text) field for each Multi-Picklist field.  Unfortunately Multi-Picklists suck when it comes to reporting.  If at all possible scrap the M-P field and use a Related List.

RejonesRejones

Thanks if this keeps up I will owe you a keg of beer. 

I will look into a relate list but what are your thoughts on maybe I could add a Add Product button on the opportunity page so that they only have to create one opportunity but they can add sever products to it. 

Do you know how to do this? Would it be a Visualforce page that I would build on the custom button. 

By the way you are my new best friend. 

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Opportunity Products are DEFINITLEY the way to go (Multi-Picklists BLOW)