function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RejonesRejones 

Growth Percentage

1. I am trying to create a report that tells me by percentage how much a rep has grown month over month.  I am having trouble getting the formula to give me a percentage of Octobers sales verses Novembers sales.  It is giving me the percentage in $ instead of percentage even though I am telling it I want a percentage. 

Can anyone help me with the formula I need in the report to accomplish this.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Starz26Starz26

How are you calculating Oct and Nov? Are the a formula field as well?

If so, use the same formulas for oct - nov / nov...

i.e.   (Oct:SUM - Nov:sum) / nov:sum

A little bit more specific on how the value from Oct and Nov are dervied as well as how your report is grouped / summarized wil help...

Look into parentgroupval as well depending on your setup.

All Answers

Steve :-/Steve :-/

I'm not sure if that is possible with a Custom Summary Formula (CSF) can you create a mock-up of what you'd like your report to look like and post a screenshot?

Starz26Starz26

How are you calculating Oct and Nov? Are the a formula field as well?

If so, use the same formulas for oct - nov / nov...

i.e.   (Oct:SUM - Nov:sum) / nov:sum

A little bit more specific on how the value from Oct and Nov are dervied as well as how your report is grouped / summarized wil help...

Look into parentgroupval as well depending on your setup.

This was selected as the best answer
RejonesRejones
Steve

Can u delete this post the sprees sheet on it has
Been detected by my IT department as sensitive
Information

Thanks again for all your help hopefully u get MVP status u
Are surely an MVP
Steve :-/Steve :-/

Hi ReJones, I don't have Moderator access I'm just a regular SFDC  Customer like you.  You should probably reach out to SFDC Support or one of the Moderators, like Bob Buzzard -> http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/36766 .  I also can't see the "spreadsheet" that you're referring to, so I don;t think you have anything to worry about.

thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril

Hi there - if it's a post you made that has information in it you'd like removed; you should be able to edit your post and remove any sensitive information; or remove the post entirely. I'm not seeing the spreadsheet you're referring to, but just let me know if there's something specific you'd like edited and I'm happy to help.

Thanks!