function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lbertellilbertelli 

Using Opportunity Trend data to create new custom field

My executives would like to have a dashboard that shows pipeline trends by month - new opportunities added to the pipeline + existing opportunities = total opportunities - closed won opportunities - closed lost opportunities = ending pipeline.

My idea was to create a custom field that would return the a date equal to the first day of the month when the opportunity was created.  Done, easy.

Then I wanted to write case where As Of Date = Opp Created first date of month, "new", "existing".  Then I could use the closed/won status to do the rest of the calculations.

Except the As Of Date isn't a field I can see to reference.  Am I starting in the wrong place? Is there a better way to accomplish this report? Is the only way to do this is with an Analytics Snapshot?

Josephadm401Josephadm401

Have you tried running an opportunity history report and then summarizing by the last modified date along. After summarizing, click the drop down and then click sort by: Calendar month. This should work for you. Let me know. Good luck!