function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FinneyFinney 

Workflow When user creates Referral Prospect and changes the Account Owner email needs to be sent

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to create a workflow rule, When a user creates a Referral Prospect (Account Record Type)and changes the Account Owner

Each time an Account is changed ownership and email needs to be sent to the referral prospect providing details of whom the agent is that will be dealing with them and the agents contact details.

I need it urgent please.

Thanks

Finney

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can invoke the Workflow ruleby this way:
         RecordTypeId = '01290000000RZov' && ISCHANGED( OwnerId)
Where you have to put the Referral Prospect record type id (created inside the account). Now you can create your Workflow action Email Alert. For email contains all detail regarding account and contact you have to create an email template and attach that template with email.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

All Answers

Hi,

You can invoke the Workflow ruleby this way:
         RecordTypeId = '01290000000RZov' && ISCHANGED( OwnerId)
Where you have to put the Referral Prospect record type id (created inside the account). Now you can create your Workflow action Email Alert. For email contains all detail regarding account and contact you have to create an email template and attach that template with email.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

This was selected as the best answer
FinneyFinney

This one doesn't work mate.

It throws an  Error: Function ISCHANGED may not be used in this type of formula

I want to write a formula which contains these 2 fields below

pb__RecordTypeName__c  'Referral Prospect'

ISCHANGED(ownership)

Each time the ownership is changed on this account an email needs to be sent to the referral prospect.

I just want to know thw formula which contains the record type name and ownership field.

Can you please help me

Thanks

Hi,

At my end its working fine, have you used this formula

RecordTypeId = '01290000000RZov' && ISCHANGED( ownership)??

it does not throw any error.Please let me know if there is any issues.

FinneyFinney

It throws the same error mate

Error: Function ISCHANGED may not be used in this type of formula

My platform is property base which is salesforce for real estate.

Can you please give me any other suggestions.

Thanks

Josephadm401Josephadm401

Please note, the previous posted suggestion will work, but ONLY if you change the workflow to fire everytime the record is edited.

Josephadm401Josephadm401

I just hope your not trying to grab the ownership field on the account level. If you are...it will not work. Try it, but it should give an error. Possible workaround: create a formula that mirror's this field.That's if you are able to even take that field as a reference. Good luck!