function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John RealJohn Real 

Custom Field in Price Book

We sell services that have both a recurring charge and a one time charge.

I would like to be able to add a custom field to the pricebook entry table ( I think that is the right table)

Today, we use seperate price books and then our salesforce creates two opportunities, but this is a pain for the customer and the rep.

Any ideas?

//john
AMartinAMartin

Hi John,

For my company, I set up two versions of the same product.  One would be "Product - OTC" and the second would be "Product - Recurring".  The "Product - OTC" product did not have scheduling enabled but the "Recurring" product had revenue scheduling enabled.  This made it easier for the users to add the products and establish a revenue schedule.  It also allowed me to quickly identify one time charges and recurring revenue streams.

I also created a custom product field called "Name of Product" that had the name of the product without either the "OTC" or "Recurring" ending.  I've used this field when I want to quickly summarize product revenue when I don't want to see a breakout between OTC and Recurring.

I only need one pricebook and the sales rep adds both the OTC and Recurring versions of the same product to a single opportunity.

hth.

Aiden