function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
timjocktimjock 

Time Trigger to run once a week

I need to setup a Time Trigger to run a workflow once a week, but don't see how to do this. Ideally every Monday at 2AM or it could be any time each Sunday. Can you help?
dreamhomescrmdreamhomescrm

Hello,

Best way to do this with Cron Kit App. It´s free and will allow to setup cron jobs easily of scontrols, etc . . .

http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000004mbxwAAA

timjocktimjock
Thanks, this is great, but I don't see how to trigger a Field Update on the Lead object. I only see options for a Field Update on the Batch Run object. Any ideas?
dreamhomescrmdreamhomescrm

Hello Again,

Quick question? What version are you using?

Why do I ask -- If you have Enterprise or higher you can use Workflows and create a Time related Workflow to update a field a certain time.  You have to have a Trigger in place that you call upon at a certain time via the default wizard in Workflows. Your Trigger would be the field that you want to update with the new value.

If you are using CronKit then you have to be more specific in your batch job / time and define Apex Code to update the field that you are interested in. Check out the CronKit documentation with Apex code.

Either way you can accomplish your goal. Good luck.

timjocktimjock
Thanks, I'm on enterprise unlimited. I see that you can specifiy a WF to trigger after events but not a specific day of the week. Unless I don't see that.

I'll check out that code.
Joe_IpsenJoe_Ipsen

Apex Scheduler now appears to be in Full Production availability.  Cron Job for your Apex code, apparently.