function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ZMikkoZMikko 

Geographic Search

I'm wondering if there is a way to enact/implement or write a sort of "Geographic Lookup" feature of Accounts, Contacts & Leads alike?  What we are hoping to accomplish: Our organization spends a lot of time traveling throughout the US mainly, but also the world.  We are looking for a search that a future traveling employee can say "I'll be in Nashville next week, run a search to see who we have in our system within [XX]-Miles that I could take to dinner"

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated, some sort of a radius search would be the most effective.  I'm sure you could do some sort of zip code search however if you're in the middle of LA where they have dozens of zip codes you would spend half your time looking those up.  Thanks for your time.

scottybcrmscottybcrm
ZMikko:

Just installed an AppX called ArrowPointe Maps:  Install a Search Nearby Button, Plot Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities On MapQuest, Establish and optimize a travel route.  I am an admin and a bag carrying rep and it is what I want to optimize travel/visit ratios.

Playing with the trial now - cost is reasonable. So far I like what I see.

My next question is how do I download it to my GPS?

Good Luck!

scottybcrm
smackafeesmackafee
Has anyone else had experiences using the Google API?  their mapping features are more user-friendly and I believe their API would support "map these results" -- the hard part now being how do I generate the results?

I suppose there could be a zipcode lat/lon lookup table, but that feels tedious.  Anyone have suggestions?
JakesterJakester
We use www.postcodeanywhere.com and are very happy with them. Great guys, great data. Put them on your short list.
smackafeesmackafee
Thanks, I'll look into it.