+ Start a Discussion
saariko.ax241saariko.ax241 

Create / Enable new SelfServiceUser when contact is created

I need to create enable a new SelfServiceUser when a contact of specific record type is created.

 

This is what I got so far, but I am stuck.

 

Would appreciate your help

trigger test1 on Contact (after insert) { List<SelfServiceUser> newSSU = new List<SelfServiceUser>(); for (Contact c : Trigger.new) { SelfServiceUser s = null; if (c.RecordTypeId == '01220000000135y') { s = new SelfServiceUser(); s.ContactId = c.Id; s.Email = c.Email; s.FirstName = c.FirstName; s.LastName = c.LastName; s.IsActive = true; } newSSU.add(s); } insert newSSU; }

 

The errors and problems I have are;

 

1. I get an error as follow:

 

Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id Save error: DML not allowed on SelfServiceUser Test/src/triggers test1.trigger line 23 1238057376540 70

 -- I guess I cannot create SSU like this - what is the correct way than?

 

2. I think that  my workflow is wrong, but not sure how to fix.

 

Would appreciate any help.

 

 

 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
saariko.ax241saariko.ax241

Thank you Mak for your sample.  I have managed to create a new SSU now as well.

 

Please find code for .NET  This is to be used with Partner API and not Enterprise.

 

 

sObject ssu = new sObject(); ssu.type="SelfServiceUser"; System.Xml.XmlElement[] ssuatt = new System.Xml.XmlElement[8]; System.Xml.XmlDocument ssudoc = new System.Xml.XmlDocument(); ssuatt[0] = ssudoc.CreateElement("ContactId"); ssuatt[0].InnerText = newContactID; ssuatt[1] = ssudoc.CreateElement("Email"); ssuatt[1].InnerText = email; ssuatt[2] = ssudoc.CreateElement("LastName"); ssuatt[2].InnerText = email; ssuatt[3] = ssudoc.CreateElement("Username"); ssuatt[3].InnerText = email; ssuatt[4] = ssudoc.CreateElement("IsActive"); ssuatt[4].InnerText = "true"; suatt[5] = ssudoc.CreateElement("LanguageLocaleKey"); ssuatt[5].InnerText = "en_US"; ssuatt[6] = ssudoc.CreateElement("LocaleSidKey"); ssuatt[6].InnerText = "en_US"; ssuatt[7] = ssudoc.CreateElement("TimeZoneSidKey"); ssuatt[7].InnerText = "America/Los_Angeles"; ssu.Any = ssuatt; sObject[] ssusers = new sObject[1]; ssusers[0] = ssu; SaveResult[] ssuSaveRes; try { ssuSaveRes = sf.create(ssusers); } catch { return CreateUserResult.MngmtProviderConnectionError; }

 

 

 

All Answers

MakMak

Hi Saariko,

 

DML operations are not supported on SelfServiceUser object. But I have created SelfServiceUser through Java using Apex API.

saariko.ax241saariko.ax241

THanks Mak,

 

Can you provide the code you used?  

 

How should I approach this than?

 

Thanks

MakMak

Hi,

 

The code I used in Java class is:

 

SelfServiceUser ssu = new SelfServiceUser();

ssu.setContactId(contactId);

ssu.setEmail(contact.getEmail());

ssu.setFirstName(contact.getFirstName());

ssu.setLastName(contact.getLastName());

ssu.setUsername(contact.getEmail());

ssu.setIsActive(true);

ssu.setLanguageLocaleKey("en_US");

ssu.setLocaleSidKey("en_US");

ssu.setTimeZoneSidKey("America/Los_Angeles");

 

// Invoke the create call, passing in the SelfServiceUser properties

// and saving the results in a SaveResult object

SelfServiceUser[] insertArray = new SelfServiceUser[1];

insertArray[0] = ssu;

SaveResult[] saveResult = null;

try {

saveResult = binding.create(insertArray);

} catch (Exception e) {

System.out.println("Exception:" + e.getMessage());

}

 

But it depends on your requirement. In my case the requirement was such that on Contact insert, a Java webservice was called which created a new SSP user. 

saariko.ax241saariko.ax241

Thank you Mak for your sample.  I have managed to create a new SSU now as well.

 

Please find code for .NET  This is to be used with Partner API and not Enterprise.

 

 

sObject ssu = new sObject(); ssu.type="SelfServiceUser"; System.Xml.XmlElement[] ssuatt = new System.Xml.XmlElement[8]; System.Xml.XmlDocument ssudoc = new System.Xml.XmlDocument(); ssuatt[0] = ssudoc.CreateElement("ContactId"); ssuatt[0].InnerText = newContactID; ssuatt[1] = ssudoc.CreateElement("Email"); ssuatt[1].InnerText = email; ssuatt[2] = ssudoc.CreateElement("LastName"); ssuatt[2].InnerText = email; ssuatt[3] = ssudoc.CreateElement("Username"); ssuatt[3].InnerText = email; ssuatt[4] = ssudoc.CreateElement("IsActive"); ssuatt[4].InnerText = "true"; suatt[5] = ssudoc.CreateElement("LanguageLocaleKey"); ssuatt[5].InnerText = "en_US"; ssuatt[6] = ssudoc.CreateElement("LocaleSidKey"); ssuatt[6].InnerText = "en_US"; ssuatt[7] = ssudoc.CreateElement("TimeZoneSidKey"); ssuatt[7].InnerText = "America/Los_Angeles"; ssu.Any = ssuatt; sObject[] ssusers = new sObject[1]; ssusers[0] = ssu; SaveResult[] ssuSaveRes; try { ssuSaveRes = sf.create(ssusers); } catch { return CreateUserResult.MngmtProviderConnectionError; }

 

 

 

This was selected as the best answer