function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ben4817Ben4817 

Problems with Campaign Member in custom controller

I'm making a multi-page wizard for people to apply to participate in a program.  I need to track the people that apply through campaigns.  I have run into some strange errors trying to work with the campaign members.  The easiest example that hopefully will represent a larger solution is as follows: 

CampaignMember tempMember = new CampaignMember();

tempMember.CampaignId = PossibleBucket;

PossibleBucket is a string that is the Id of the campaign to which I want to attach them.  When I try to save this code, I get an unknown Error in Eclipse.  The error message is: "Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again, or check the log file for details."  I've tried to find the error log (Window>Show View>Other>PDE Runtime>Error Log), but I am not finding anything helpful.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.  Does anyone know what the error could be and how I should be doing this?  Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Ben4817 on 03-28-2009 08:14 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ben4817Ben4817
I think that I figured out the problem.  I know at least that I found out how to get the real error message.  If I do Force.com>Run Tests, I am able to get the actual error message.  I found that the problem was actually in one of my test cases.  Hopefully this helps someone else who forgets to check the basics.  Thanks.

All Answers

slaneslane
You may need to first figure out which specific file didn't save correctly. Do you see anything in the Problems tab of your IDE? That's where the file-specific save errors should appear.
Ben4817Ben4817
The file that wouldn't save is my controller.  It would save without those lines, but not with them.  The error message that I described is what showed up in the Problems tab of my IDE.
Ben4817Ben4817
I think that I figured out the problem.  I know at least that I found out how to get the real error message.  If I do Force.com>Run Tests, I am able to get the actual error message.  I found that the problem was actually in one of my test cases.  Hopefully this helps someone else who forgets to check the basics.  Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
mallikammallikam
Yes, that helped me!! thanks Ben!!