function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pvassilievpvassiliev 

Eclipse Force.com Refresh From Server not working

Hello,

I use both online editor and eclipse to work on Apex and Visualforce code. For some reason when I do Refresh From Server, my local files are still old version.

I am using

Force.com version 15.0.1.200903241010

Eclipse 3.4.2 build M20090211-1700

In order to get correct version I have to delete the project and re-create it.

With best regards,

Pavel

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
iceberg4uiceberg4u
There is a problem with Refreshing from server for such large contents usually.So what you would need to do to guarantee the files on your local workspace and Salesforce.com is same, is you would need to refresh each and every class.Very very cumbersome!!!!

All Answers

JonPJonP

Eclipse 3.4 is not supported by the Force.com IDE v15.x.  You will need to use Eclipse 3.3.2 until the next major release of the Force.com IDE (Summer '09), at which time Eclipse 3.4 support will be added.

There also have been several reports this morning of issues using v15.0.1 with production Salesforce instances.  (Sandbox and Developer Edition instances seem to be unaffected.)  We are investigating.

In the meantime, 15.0.0 is reported to be unaffected.

Jon

salesforce.com Product Manager

pvassilievpvassiliev
In 3.3.2 it is not working either.
iceberg4uiceberg4u
There is a problem with Refreshing from server for such large contents usually.So what you would need to do to guarantee the files on your local workspace and Salesforce.com is same, is you would need to refresh each and every class.Very very cumbersome!!!!
This was selected as the best answer
pvassilievpvassiliev

Yes, you are right, when I tried to do one by one it worked. Hope it will be fixed in next version.

Thank you!

JonPJonP
The Metadata API enforces a limit of 1500 files per retrieve/deploy request, so you will need to keep your Force.com IDE projects within that limit as well to use the tool effectively.
Salvador MoraSalvador Mora

I have fixed this doing Right click on the Project, Properties, then Force.com, select Project Contents and click on Add/Remove , select all the items, and click OK. It will fetch the correct metadata and It will save.

manubkkmanubkk

Thanks that worked!