function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dsfranklin_atxdsfranklin_atx 

Trigger Primary checkbox on within Contact Role on Lead Conversion

It appears the Contact Role is an embedded related list in the code and therefore I can't trigger a field update on conversion to set this checkbox. I was able to find the file using sforce explorer but don't know the best option to implement around it. Contact Role Primary = "o.IsPrimary"

It would appear that all converted LEADs into an Opp would have this defaulted to Primary since that is where the primary opp came from. 

Thanks,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

I was able to find an AppExchange app from Salesforce labs "Opportunity Contact Role" that resolved this. Seems like this is an old request and several people want more access to this area of the code on the UI.

Opportunity Primary Contact Required

Thaks,

Message Edited by dsfranklin_atx on 04-15-2009 01:12 PM

All Answers

I was able to find an AppExchange app from Salesforce labs "Opportunity Contact Role" that resolved this. Seems like this is an old request and several people want more access to this area of the code on the UI.

Opportunity Primary Contact Required

Thaks,

Message Edited by dsfranklin_atx on 04-15-2009 01:12 PM
This was selected as the best answer
Rowli001Rowli001
Can you point me to the application that you found? Search results returned nothing. I am extremely interested in anything that helps with contact role customisation or triggers.
franklin_atxfranklin_atx

See if this helps you get to it. I had to change my user name when I reset my developer force passwd, very strange.

here's the link to the app. I did have to modify it but it was working good.

https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016cbDEAQ

Mattias NordinMattias Nordin

Please vote on the idea forum to fix the problem with opportunity contact roles not beeing set to primary when leads are converted.

https://sites.secure.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xt&id=08730000000HKbnAAG

Valentina MayzValentina Mayz
@franklin_atx
Does this require user to define a contact role in the screen where the lead is being converted to opp?