function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdevnicksfdevnick 

Intelligent New Account Button

This must be such a common requirement, perhaps someone could provide the code for this?

I need to create a "New Account" button in a lookup dialog (the search layout page that pops up when you click on a lookup lens icon) so that once the new Account is created the user is returned to the page (from where the user clicked the lens icon that opened the search layout) with the newly created account now selected in the lookup field.

aalbertaalbert

The easiest way to accomplish this is to simply turn on "Quick Create" by going to Setup->Customize->User interface->and check the box labeled "Quick Create".

Here is the online help's explanation of Quick Create:

The Quick Create area on a tab home page allows users to create a new record quickly with minimal information. It displays, by default, on the tab home pages for leads, accounts, contacts, forecasts, and opportunities. You can control whether the Quick Create area is displayed on all relevant tab home pages. The Show Quick Create setting also affects whether or not users can create new records from within the lookup dialog. For example, with the setting enabled, users can create a new account within the account lookup dialog while creating or editing a contact. Creating new records in the lookup dialog is available only if Quick Create is available for the type of record you are creating. In addition, users always need the appropriate "Create" permission to use Quick Create even though it will be displayed for all users.

sfdevnicksfdevnick
Thank you aabert, but my description was inadequate: I actually need to create that same functionality on a lookup to a custom object..
DimitryDimitry
Does anyone have the code for this, by any chance? Having the same issue there...was told by Salesforce support that this was not possible within Salesforce itself so would definitely require some custom code. Apex, perhaps?
TJ310TJ310
Any luck finding out how to add "new" buton on look-up on custom object?
DSchild-PTECDSchild-PTEC
I would like this functionality too.
saharisahari

@aalbert

Can you please help me navigate to the quick create box? I dont see it under Accout