function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JocsanJocsan 

System.TypeException: Invalid date/time

Hi,

I am getting this error message when running this query:

System.TypeException: Invalid date/time: Mon Jan 26 00:00:00 GMT 2009

System.debug(item.Start_Date__c);

myStartdate = datetime.valueOf(item.Start_Date__c);

myExpirationdate = datetime.valueOf(item.Expiration_Date__c);

Job_Posting_History__History[] jphh_items = [SELECT Id, CreatedBy.Id FROM Job_Posting_History__History WHERE (CreatedBy.ProfileId = '00e30000000mHRJ') AND (Field = 'Cross_Posted_to__c') AND (Parent.Id = :jphid) AND (CreatedDate > :myStartdate) AND (CreatedDate < :myExpirationdate) ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC];

Here is piece of the System Log:

20090127223506.172:Class.Check_Package_Inventory_Cross_Posting.checkRHW_Package: line 30, column 21: 2009-01-26 00:00:00
System.TypeException: Invalid date/time: Mon Jan 26 00:00:00 GMT 2009

I have run out of ideas. Please help!

JD

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JeremyKraybillJeremyKraybill

Ah right, converting between Date and DateTime is more annoying than it should be. Ideally, Date should implement getTime() which would simplify a lot of Date v. DateTime issues, but it doesn't.

When converting between Date and DateTime, you want to do something more like this

Date orig = Date.today(); DateTime dtConverted = DateTime.valueOf(orig.format('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'));

or

Date orig = Date.today(); DateTime dtConverted = DateTime.newInstance(orig.year(), orig.month(), orig.day());

HTH

Jeremy Kraybill

Austin, TX

All Answers

Is it the query line itself that is hitting the exception? What are the actual types of item.Start_Date__c, item.Expiration_Date__c, myStartDate, and myExpirationDate? I am guessing at least one of them is a string, and it is failing conversion to a DateTime type. Let me know what type the non-DateTimes are, and where they are getting populated from.

Jeremy Kraybill

Austin, TX

JocsanJocsan

Is actually the valueOf methods. I am not working with any string type variable.

Start_Date__c and Expiration_Date__c are just Date type.

myStartdate and myExpirationdate are Datetime

I have to convert them becasue in the query, CreatedDate is Datetime type.

More code follows:

Datetime myStartdate;

Datetime myExpirationdate;

items = [SELECT Id, Start_Date__c, Expiration_Date__c FROM Package_Inventory__c WHERE (Registration__c = :registrationid) AND (Employer_Package_Id__c LIKE '%RHW%') AND (Package_Status__c = 'Not Expired') AND (Unlimited_Package__c = true) ORDER BY CreatedDate ASC];

if (items.size() > 0) {

for (Package_Inventory__c item : items) {

System.debug(item.Start_Date__c);

myStartdate = datetime.valueOf(item.Start_Date__c);

myExpirationdate = datetime.valueOf(item.Expiration_Date__c);

Job_Posting_History__History[] jphh_items = [SELECT Id, CreatedBy.Id FROM Job_Posting_History__History WHERE (CreatedBy.ProfileId = '00e30000000mHRJ') AND (Field = 'Cross_Posted_to__c') AND (Parent.Id = :jphid) AND (CreatedDate > :myStartdate) AND (CreatedDate < :myExpirationdate) ORDER BY CreatedDate DESC];

if (jphh_items.size() == 0) {

// Code.....

}

}

return;

}

Thanks, JD

Ah right, converting between Date and DateTime is more annoying than it should be. Ideally, Date should implement getTime() which would simplify a lot of Date v. DateTime issues, but it doesn't.

When converting between Date and DateTime, you want to do something more like this

Date orig = Date.today(); DateTime dtConverted = DateTime.valueOf(orig.format('yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss'));

or

Date orig = Date.today(); DateTime dtConverted = DateTime.newInstance(orig.year(), orig.month(), orig.day());

HTH

Jeremy Kraybill

Austin, TX

This was selected as the best answer
JocsanJocsan

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your help. The second suggestion did the trick.

JD