function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian12345Brian12345 

Is it Possible to Programatically Create Content Deliveries?

I want to display content to the customer portal through a VF page.  Unfortunately, content can not be exposed through VF, only through the standard Content Objects.

Is it possible, however, to programmatically create a content delivery and then simply expose the content delivery link in the portal?

Any insight here would be appreciated!

Thanks,

B.T. 

WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

I'm not sure what your exact requirement is here, but by using a combination of customer portal and sites you can deliver any content contained within Force.com to the public, as example can be found here.

A tutorial on how to do this can be found in ch14 of the force.com developer cookbook.

Cheers,

Wes

Brian12345Brian12345

Hi Wes,

I think we may be talking about two types of content.  I am referring to Salesforce Content.  Documents that are part of Salesforce Content, for example, can not be used in conjunction with VF pages (Validated by SFDC). However, you can expose the standard Content Tabs to the Customer Portal.  Unfortunately, we have a non standard portal implementation where exposing the Content Tabs would not be appropriate.  Hence, my interest in programmatically creating a "content delivery" link.  If I can do that, then I can certainly expose the link to the portal...and do so in a way that is appropriate for our highly customized portal environment.

WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey Brian

I admit my experience with said Content is nil, but I have used customer portals in collaboration with Sites to allow upload of documents(into the Document object) and retrieval of these documents. From your message I'm thinking the traditional Document object might not be the same as the documents you're trying to serve.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Wes

Brian12345Brian12345

Hi Wes,

We are doing the same now...uploading documents to the Customer Portal.  It doesn't provide the same flexibility or functionality that Salesforce Content provides, so we are trying to determine if we can get the best of both worlds.

Thanks!

B.T.