function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Suzan2009Suzan2009 

Urgent!!!!!!!!!! dependent picklist values

Hi Guys,

I have 2 picklists on Account. One is "Industry" -- controlling field, the other is "Sector" -- dependent field.

For example,

When I choose "IT" for Industry, the Sector will show Database, CRM sys, NetWork etc.

When I choose "Education" for Industry, the Sector will show something .....

all those above are set up in field definition in Setup.

I wonder whether there is a way to get their relationship. I mean I hope Apex can help  show which picklist value in industry controlls which values in Sector.

Thanks

Any idea will be goooooooooooooooooooood!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kirtesh_JainKirtesh_Jain

Hi there is noway in Apex to retreive Controller Picklist and Dependent picklist values .

You would have to use picklist.js manuplation for Dependency or you can use hardcord values 

in apex page.

All Answers

Kirtesh_JainKirtesh_Jain

Hi there is noway in Apex to retreive Controller Picklist and Dependent picklist values .

You would have to use picklist.js manuplation for Dependency or you can use hardcord values 

in apex page.

This was selected as the best answer
dmsx2oddmsx2od

Although Apex cannot show dependent picklists that are set up in the point-and-click Force.com Builder, you can programmatically recreate this in Apex code, referencing a custom object.  There is sample code in the developer.force.com library.

And please do not list posts with "Urgent!!!!" in the title.  Everyone feels that his/her post is urgent, and it's generally a turn-off to those who would respond to your post.