function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
forawormforaworm 

Migrate a trigger from a Sandbox to a production environment.

Hi all,

I am new in Apex and Salesforce. 

I have seen some posts to that issue.

But is there also a simple way (for example copy and paste) to migrate my trigger from Sandbox to production environment?

Thanks! 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MattyDHLMattyDHL

ok, you set up your project and connect to your sandbox with the new project, this will download all your items.

then you select the project name (the top of the tree in the Navigator) and there is an icon - the 4th one along the top ("Deploy to Force.com Server").

Click thi, fill in the details and your away.

All Answers

Kirtesh_JainKirtesh_Jain

Hi ,

are you using eclipse?

Thanks,

Kirtesh

forawormforaworm
Not yet!
MattyDHLMattyDHL

I don't think its possible to just use the copy and paste feature. I think there are two ways, to use eclipse or some ANT program that took me so long to install I gave up and went with the IDE.

I am new to Salesforce and Apex too, so I am not too useful. But I would like to help as I have been helped.

I really reccommend  that you download eclipse and the Salesforce IDE for it, it makes implimenting triggers to production really simple

Good luck.

forawormforaworm

Ok!

After installing the Eclips plugin - how can I upload my trigger from Sandbox to production environment?

Can you give a tip?

Thanks! 

MattyDHLMattyDHL

ok, you set up your project and connect to your sandbox with the new project, this will download all your items.

then you select the project name (the top of the tree in the Navigator) and there is an icon - the 4th one along the top ("Deploy to Force.com Server").

Click thi, fill in the details and your away.

This was selected as the best answer