function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dev401hasdev401has 

Workflow rule triggers even after previous conditions are met

Hi All,

I have a workflow on Opportunity object with evaluation criteria: "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria".

In the rule I check that I am checking one boolean field  (xyz__c) whether it is set as true or not and then I send a notification.

Condition1: When I update the record by changing some field value, (when that boolean xyz__c = true) then the workflow does not fire and that is fine as per the conditions.

Condition 2: When i update the account Lookup for the Opportunity (still xyz__c = true) then the workflow should not fire but its not the case. This time workflow fires. This is a strange situation only for Account lookup field.

Has anyone come across anything as such?

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,
You have selected the option as "When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria". Which means that your workflow fires only once whenever that criteria is firstly meet. After that it will not fired. So if you want every time that workflow should be fire then select the third option i.e. every time record is created or edited and make your rule criteria in such a way that whenever AccountId on opportunity changed and XYZ__c =true then only your workflow rule should be fired. Try the below workflow rule as your reference(Take every time record is created and update).

ISCHANGED( AccountId ) && XYZ__c = true

Now based on this criteria define your workflow actions.

dev401hasdev401has

Hello S Jain,

I am clearly aware of the option I have selected. Infact I dont want the workflow to fire again and again hence i have selected the option.

My point is that once workflow is fired previously on change of XYZ__c field and then I am changing the Account Lookup value then it should not evaluate itself. But instead the workflow is evaluated and does the workflow action which is wrong. 

May be can you create a test workflow on Opportunity for some non lookup field and then try updating the account lookup value?

neophyteneophyte
Hi,

Were you able to get any resolution to your problem? I face a similar problem where a workflow is fired whenever I edit the Case Contact field, though the evaluation criteria is when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

Thanks!

avvidyar1.3944465313601482E12avvidyar1.3944465313601482E12
Hi , 

I am facing the somewhat similar issue , Below is my rule criteria on Email Message.And i have selected 'Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria' . 

AND(
Incoming, ISPICKVAL( Parent.Origin,'XYZ'),
OR(
AND(IF(CASE(
MOD(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),
0, 'Sunday',
1, 'Monday',
2, 'Tuesday',
3, 'Wednesday',
4, 'Thursday',
5, 'Friday',
6, 'Saturday','Error')='Friday',true,false),AND(VALUE(MID(TEXT(CreatedDate),12,2))>=8 ,VALUE(MID(TEXT(CreatedDate),12,2))<=23)),
AND(IF(CASE(
0, 'Sunday',
1, 'Monday',
2, 'Tuesday',
3, 'Wednesday',
4, 'Thursday',
5, 'Friday',
6, 'Saturday','Error')='Saturday',true,false),AND(VALUE(MID(TEXT(CreatedDate),12,2))>=0,VALUE(MID(TEXT(CreatedDate),12,2))<=23)),
AND(IF(CASE(
0, 'Sunday',
1, 'Monday',
2, 'Tuesday',
3, 'Wednesday',
4, 'Thursday',
5, 'Friday',
6, 'Saturday','Error')='Sunday',true,false), AND(VALUE(MID(TEXT(CreatedDate),12,2))>=0,VALUE(MID(TEXT(CreatedDate),12,2))<8))
)
)

Actually it should work for whole sat but it is not working on Sat(12:00 AM GMT to 8:00AM GMT) and it is working on Mon (12:00 AM GMT to 8:00 AM GMT) . 

Please check where am i doing wrong . Please help its really urgent . 

Thanks, 
Avantika