function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paulmag32paulmag32 

Update a text box not overwrite it

Hi there, I need to create a contact report based on a value held in an unrelated object. The structure is that we have a custom object called "Offices" which is a master detail relationship to an object called "Sales Team". We went this route as we didn't want to have many text fields on the office page showing which sales teams called on an office. Attached to offices we have the standard "Contacts" object. I want to run a report to show all the offices and it's contacts where the Sales team name = "XXX"

I have created lookups between the "Sales Team" object and the "Contacts" object and created custom reports but can't find a way to return contact names. I think I need to find a way to update the office page with the sales teams name. Was thinking a workflow and formula field update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

I think you can’t do this through the Workflow because you are working on two different objects. You can’t get the child field value on Parent Object using formula field as well as you will find the limitation of max length of formula field (i.e. 255 only for text). So I would suggest that you have to write a Trigger on child object and update the parent object field as per your requirement.