function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gregj777gregj777 

Roll up summary from Opportunities into Contract object

I need help with how to create a formula to roll-up the total amounts from a group of opportunities and sum the amount into the Contract object. Currently, I have the contract referenced in the opportunity and a related list in the Contract layout. I thought this would be easy by just creating a custom field under Contract and used the Roll-up summary field type. But this does not allow me to do that because its not considered the master in the master-detail relationship.

According to salesforce support it's not possible to do this way but can be done through a formula. I'm just not sure how.

Any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

It can't be done with a Rollup Summary or a Formula for the reasons you already stated (no M-D Relationship) I think your only option is Apex Code, and I can't help you with that.  If this is urgent you should probably repost this on the Apex Board, most people here are just looking for Formulas and VR's

gregj777gregj777

O.k. I will re-locate to there and ask. Thanks Steve.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Good luck!  I've been under the gun myself (no fun)  you might want to try posting on the Answers Community too ->

http://success.salesforce.com/answers  

sorry I couldn't be more help.