function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cdaviscdavis 

Can't update my Picklist value

Alright guys, I'm feeling pretty stupid right now. 

I have a picklist field with two values: "New Job" and "Completed." The New Job option is the default, and I want it to automatically change to Completed when the current date is equal to the date I have in another custom field. 

I have a workflow rule with the code NOW() >= Delivery_Date_Time_c. 

When that evaluates as being true, it then triggers my Field Update task which (should) change the picklist from "New Job" to "Completed." Unfortunately, it's not. It's staying on "New Job."

I feel like I'm just making some dumb mistake somewhere along the line. Any help? 

Thanks

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

Is your Workflow Rule set to "every time a record is created or updated"?

-Andy

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Workflow rules only trigger when a record is created or edited (so, if you don't edit the record, it will stay on "New Job" forever). If you are editing the record, make sure you're using "when a record is created or did not previously meet the rule criteria" or "every time a record is created or edited". To reduce the likilihood of of the first statement, use a Time-Based Workflow Action, then update all records in your database once to queue them for automatic update as soon as the delivery date passes. A Time-Based Workflow Action needs to not trigger based on current time/date values, so you'd change the criteria to be "Delivery_Date_Time__c <> NULL" instead of "NOW() >=" as it is now. When Delivery_Date_Time__c is passed, it will automatically trigger any assoicated actions (such as your Workflow Field Update, our goal).