function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gregj777gregj777 

Quote Name = Opportunity Name

I am trying to figure out a way to to populate the Quote Name automatically with the Opportunity Name. So when a user wants to create a Quote for a opportunity it will populate with the OppName. 

Is this possible?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jerun JoseJerun Jose

Hi,

You can do this using a custom list button and setting the target to a URL with merge fields.

The URL value will be

/0Q0/e?oppid={!Opportunity.Id}&Name={!Opportunity.Name}

Jerun Jose

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You have to make the Quote Name filed as not a required field so that you can write a workflow to update this field with the opportunity name field value. So your rule criteria should be like this:
Every time record is created or edited (3rd one) with rule as(you can make rule as per your requirement):
QuoteName__c = null.
Now update the field QuoteName__c with the value of opportunity name.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Jerun JoseJerun Jose

Hi,

You can do this using a custom list button and setting the target to a URL with merge fields.

The URL value will be

/0Q0/e?oppid={!Opportunity.Id}&Name={!Opportunity.Name}

Jerun Jose

This was selected as the best answer
gregj777gregj777

Thanks so much.

Now I am trying to create a Contract button in the Opportunity Layout that populates with the Account Name and Opportunity Name into Contract layout.

This is what I got to work so far that works but doesn't populate the OppName.

https://cs10.salesforce.com/800/e?retURL=%2F800%2Fo
ctrc7={!Account.Name}&ctrc7_lkid={!Account.Id}

monarchistamonarchista

Hey I noticed you answered a question that I'm having a similar problem with... maybe you can help? 

I created a custom Activity Button to create an event with merged information from the Lead the appoinment was created from. However, non of the conjegated field info is being merged. Only the text in the button: 

/00U/e?who_id=00Qd000000CMdO4&retURL=%2F00Qd000000CMdO4&00Nd0000003yrjI="An appointment was scheduled with "&{!Lead.Name}&" of "&"{!Lead.Company}"&" on "&"{!Lead.Date_Time__c}"&". The company is located at: "&"{!Lead.Address}"&", "{!Lead.City}"&", "&"{!Lead.Street}"&","&"{!Lead.PostalCode}"&". Phone number: "&"&"{!Lead.Phone}"&". Email address: "&"{!Lead.Email}"&". If you need to reschedule, you can contact your telerep, "&"{!Lead.Telerep__c}"&"."

Only 

"An appointment was scheduled with "

merges into the custom activity field I created. 

OMG Please help :)

Jerun JoseJerun Jose

The & sign that you are using will cause trouble .. & is used to seperate different parameters.. So try losing the & in your param value

/00U/e?who_id=00Qd000000CMdO4&retURL=%2F00Qd000000CMdO4&00Nd0000003yrjI="An appointment was scheduled with {!Lead.Name} of {!Lead.Company} on {!Lead.Date_Time__c}. The company is located at: {!Lead.Address}, {!Lead.City}, {!Lead.Street},{!Lead.PostalCode}. Phone number: {!Lead.Phone}. Email address: {!Lead.Email}. If you need to reschedule, you can contact your telerep, {!Lead.Telerep__c}."