function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys 

workflow formula to assess time in a stage(stage duration)

Hello,

I'm trying to create a workflow that would assess the time in an opportunity stage.  So if the time in stage 1 > 30 days, then I would want that to trigger an email.

If the time in stage 2 is > 45 days, then trigger the email and so on.

Also would love it to work that if the time did exceed the time desired, it would re-set the stage back one, like from stage 2 to stage 1 and that way the timer would start again for stage duration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

I think you have to write a schedule Apex class for this. Salesforce provides the facility that you can schedule a class that will execute at particular time. And a class can be schedule only if it implements "Schedulable" interface. This interface has single method called "execute()".

Example:

global class testscheduled implements Schedulable

{

global void execute(SchedulableContext SC)

{

// place your custom logic here

}

}

To schedule that class go to setup --> App Setup--> Develop--> Apex Classes -- Click on "Schedule Apex" button And select the class and time option as per your requirements.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys

Hello, I'm sorry but I am not a developer and don't know or understand Apex.  Whatever the solution, it has to be something that I can do with formula fields, or formulas in workflow.

Thanks