function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
randombardrandombard 

Roll-up-summary List Price

Hi All,

When trying to put together a roll up summary for the list price of all products on an opportunity it always returns a blank value.

I have checked and the list price is there, on the product record as well as showing as a summable field.

What have I missed.

R

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

It seems you missed out some step, as Rollup summary field is working fine for me.

Roll-Up Summary = A read-only field that displays the sum, minimum, or maximum value of a field in a related list or the record count of all records listed in a related list.

Here are the steps to create Rollup summary for ListPrice in opportunity object.

Step 1. App Setup->Opportunities->Fields->Opportunity Custom Fields & Relationships->click "New" Button
Step 2. Select radio button for Roll-Up Summary.
Step 3. Enter the details for Field Label, Field Name
Step 4. Define the summary calculation
1. Select Object to Summarize
• Summarized Object = Opportunity Product

2. Select Roll-Up Type
• Check the radio button for "Sum"
• Select the field to aggregate as "List Price"
Step 5. Establish field-level security
Step 6. Add to page layouts
Step 7. Save

After this you create an Opportunity and then "Add Products" from the "Products (Standard)" related list in Opportunity, this will auto populate your "Roll-Up Summary" that you created in the above steps.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

randombardrandombard

Hi S Jain,

I have done all of these steps but the field either remains blank or just shows the hour glass, even left this overnight but its still there.

Field level security is correct, and the roll-up-summary was set up as described, this isnt a limitation because I am doing this in the sandbox is it?

R

MarinaMartinMarinaMartin

Does your roll-up screen look like the one below? Could you have a filter in place that's accidentally excluding your existing records? And do you have data in the sandbox, or only in production? Your sandbox will not reflect data in your production environment.

Marina

Roll Up Summary