function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jennifer BJennifer B 

Win-Loss Custom Summary Formula based on Value of Opportunities

Hi,

SFDC lists WON:SUM / CLOSED:SUM as the Custom Formula for calculating the Win-Loss percentage based on Record Count, but our percentage is very different if the Win-Loss percentage is based on the VALUE of opportunities.

Does anyone have any suggestions for building the Win-Loss percentage based on summarized opportunity values (i.e. VALUE of WON opportunities / VALUE of all opportunities).

I'm at a total loss and would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks. 

hhuiehhuie

You can create a formula field to equal the Amount if the Opportunity is Closed Won then on the Custom Summary Formula:

Formula field:SUM/Amount:SUM

Another option is using a function in the Custom Summary Formula field:

IF(ISWON, Amount , 0 )/Amount:Sum

Message Edited by hhuie on 03-12-2009 08:35 AM
gamer632gamer632

This is great I have to use the bottom because we are not allowed to add fields here (too many already).

Anyway, can you help with a step I must be missing?  When I use your code IF(ISWON, Amount , 0 )/Amount:Sum I get the error Field ISWON does not exist.  

Does this mean your code includes a custom field called 'IsWon'?

hhuiehhuie
I realized that the Custom Summary formulas only allow number fields to be referenced. 
Jennifer BJennifer B

Higamer632,

I endedup using the Custom Formula:

EXP_AMOUNT:SUM/AMOUNT:SUM

Itcompares all closed opportunities based on Expected Revenue to Amount. This works because:

1) Ifan opportunity is closed-lost, the Expected Revenue becomes $0.00 (0% ofAmount);

2) Ifthe opportunity is closed-won, the Expected Revenue = Amount (100% of Amount);

3)Amount remains unchanged regardless of the opportunity status.

Hopethis helps!