function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CafeCafe 

Custom Object - Account "roles"

I am creating a custom object for projects and would like to attach several accounts to the object in a similar structure to Contact Roles for Opportunities. So far I've only been able to attach accounts by creating separate relationshp fields. This then creates a ton of related lists on my accounts page and most of them will never have values. Is there a way that I can add a related list to my custom object that will show accounts in different "Roles" and then also connect this back to the accounts page so I can see which projects a certain company is attached to and what their role is?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin

Hi Cafe,

You'll want to use a distinct custom object that just has a lookup to the Project and another lookup to the Account.  If you add a picklist to the custom object, you can define roles that an account is playing with regards to the project.

Luke C

All Answers

Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin

Hi Cafe,

You'll want to use a distinct custom object that just has a lookup to the Project and another lookup to the Account.  If you add a picklist to the custom object, you can define roles that an account is playing with regards to the project.

Luke C

This was selected as the best answer
CafeCafe
Thank you! That worked perfectly!