function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin 

Specifying the Sender on Workflow Email Alert

Since Workflow Email Alerts don't allow you to specify a sender, I'm looking for a workaround to achieve that end.

I'm thinking of adding a criteria (Last Modified By = User.ID) that only a specific user can trigger the workflow but that's full of problems, especially with regards to time-based and the queue: subsequent changes invalidate the rule and delete the queued actions.

Any brilliant suggestions out there? I'm feeling a little dull-witted today...

Thanks,

Luke C

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Dening80Dening80

Workflow emails always send 'from' the user who triggered the rule, unless that user is inactive in which case the default workflow user is used. There is no standard functionality which permits a workaround for this. You could try an apex trigger to send the email -- not my area of expertise so I cannot say for sure if it would work.

All Answers

Dening80Dening80

Workflow emails always send 'from' the user who triggered the rule, unless that user is inactive in which case the default workflow user is used. There is no standard functionality which permits a workaround for this. You could try an apex trigger to send the email -- not my area of expertise so I cannot say for sure if it would work.

This was selected as the best answer
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful advice, I had considered activiating a specific user just to trigger the workflow and then de-activating it but if that would only cause the sender to revert to the default user, I would have been in for a nasty surprise.

Luke

Mathieu DAVOUSTMathieu DAVOUST
Still useful 10 years later especially for time-Dependent action.