function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KavitaKavita 

Bring over more product fields into opportunity product

I am trying to edit the multi-line layout on the opportunity product to try and add a few more Product fields into the opportunity product but it seems I am restrcited to only 2 fields-Product Name and Product Code.  How can I add more Product fields to the multi-line layout?  Can anyone help?  btw-I've tried creating a custom field to do a cross-object formula to bring over those values but those fields cant be oulled into the multi-line layout either!  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ILX_MJILX_MJ

We've had this problem quite a bit, the opportunity products are very difficult to work with. Your best bet, as far as I can see, is to use a work flow rule. If you create a work flow rule for an opportunity product that is a field update you can then populate some custom fields on the opportunity product with values from the product itself. The problem in doing this is that the resulting values on the opportunity product are simple text fields and if the value changes on the product itself it will not update the opp product, but this is the best we could figure out without getting into API code. If anyone has a better solution we sure would love to hear it too.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

All Answers

ILX_MJILX_MJ

We've had this problem quite a bit, the opportunity products are very difficult to work with. Your best bet, as far as I can see, is to use a work flow rule. If you create a work flow rule for an opportunity product that is a field update you can then populate some custom fields on the opportunity product with values from the product itself. The problem in doing this is that the resulting values on the opportunity product are simple text fields and if the value changes on the product itself it will not update the opp product, but this is the best we could figure out without getting into API code. If anyone has a better solution we sure would love to hear it too.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

This was selected as the best answer
KavitaKavita

I've tried workflows, unfortunately it doesnt quite make for an optimum solution