function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ajitvermaajitverma 

Migration Error

Hi,

I am trying to deploy the metadata from sandbox org to production org using ANT. but while deploying Contract object i am facing below error on custom fields declared in the Object.

objects/Contract.object(Contract.BusinessUnit__c):exceeded the allowed number of fields to track on a given entity
objects/Contract.object(Contract.MasterAgreementNumber__c):exceeded the allowed number of fields to track on a given entity
objects/Contract.object(Contract.MasterContractId__c):exceeded the allowed number of fields to track on a given entity
objects/Contract.object(Contract.RevisionNumber__c):exceeded the allowed number of fields to track on a given entity

Thanks

Ajit Verma

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
hisrinuhisrinu

I am not sure but still I feel it might related to field history.

Have you enabled field histroy tracking? If yes how many you are enabled, there is a limit you can enable 20 only.

If you have already in production instance with 5 enabled and you are trying to make 16 or more new fields then it will not allow you to insert.

All Answers

hisrinuhisrinu

I am not sure but still I feel it might related to field history.

Have you enabled field histroy tracking? If yes how many you are enabled, there is a limit you can enable 20 only.

If you have already in production instance with 5 enabled and you are trying to make 16 or more new fields then it will not allow you to insert.

This was selected as the best answer
ajitvermaajitverma

Hi Srini,

You exactly find the problem. It's working now.

Thanks a lot

Ajit Verma