function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Petercass88Petercass88 

Lead Assignment Rule "Catch-All"

Hi all, I created a lead assignment rule that sorts leads to our regional sales managers by what state they are in.  All other leads whether it be leads outside of the United States or leads that didnt fill out the state and leads that put B.S. info into the state field would default to our VP of Business Development.  Essentially this is what I am looking to do:

North East: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsME,Maine,VT,Vermont,NH,New Hampshire,MA,Massachusetts,RI,Rhode Island,CT,Connecticut,NY,New York,PA,Pennsylvania,WV,West Virginia,VA,Virginia,MD,Maryland,DE,Deleware,NJ,New Jersey,DC,District of Columbia

South East: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsOK,Oklahoma,Arkansas,AR,Louisiana,LA,Mississippi,MS,Alabama,AL,Georgia,GA,North Carolina,NC,South Carolina,SC,Tennessee,TN,TX,Texas

Mid-West: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsMinnesota,MN,Iowa,IA,Wisconsin,WI,Michigan,MI,Missouri,MO,Illinois,IL,Indiana,IN,Ohio,OH,Kentucky,KY,ND,North Dakota,SD,South Dakota,Nebraska,NB,ne,Kansas,KS

West: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsAZ,arizona,new mexico,nm,wyoming,wy,colorado,co,utah,ut,idaho,id,CA,california,or,oregon,wa,washington,nv,nevada,mo,montana

VP of Business Development:  Everything else.

My issue is... When someone fills out a lead form on our web page with bogus info it doesnt reassign the lead and the lead sits without being disqualified.  How do I write a statement to catch ALL people that do not fit in the four regions listed above? 

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

I suggest actually creating the states/countries as a Drop Down field in the HTML form, you cant do this in SFDC, but you can modify it in the HTML.

Otherwise....

I havent tested this idea but, assignments rules work in order, so if your last rule is owner = blank, maybe that would work. I noticed the other day during testing that it says that your running user has update the lead owner from blank to XXX using the assignment rules, so this may work.

PB