function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
streetstreet 

Record level security in customer portal

I have a object "TestImp" which is displayed in customer portal as a tab, 

once the customer portal clicks on the "Testimp" tab should only display his particular records. How to work on this setting??

Starz26Starz26

Set OWD to private for those records assuming they are owners and the record is not the child in a master detail

calvin_nrcalvin_nr

If they are not owners and some queue or system users own the records then this wont work correct? How do we enforce record lvel security in this case....Apex based sharing seems to be an overkill...a share object for each user who needs to see the record...

Any other way to enforce it?

Starz26Starz26

calvin_nr wrote:

If they are not owners and some queue or system users own the records then this wont work correct? How do we enforce record lvel security in this case....Apex based sharing seems to be an overkill...a share object for each user who needs to see the record...

Any other way to enforce it?

Well, the OP said "his records". I guess we need to clarify the definition of "his records" from the OP

I the user is listed on the record somewhere in a lookup to user field and is not the owner, then you can eaisly perform apex managed sharing based on that field value. and keep the OWD to private.