function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
r999r999 

Field Update Action

Hi,

I am not able to solve and not getting any idea how to update a field the last modified value.

Example : I want to calculate "Amount Due" by subtracting the "Paid Amount" value from "Outstanding Amount". And then the "Outstanding Amount" should be updated with the new penidng number. I tried this with Work flows - filed update, but the "outstanding amount" field is getting updated after the due value is calculated and then giviing the result by deducting the new "Outstanding Amount" again .

Please help in me in this if we can do it in any other way?

Thanks in advance,

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Make sure that you have not selected the Re-evaluate workflow rule after field change while filed update inside the workflow action.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

r999r999

Thanks for the reply. I ahve not selected Re-evaluate workflow rule after field change option. And I gave "outstanding Amount" Default Value as 3000 as initial value. And it should get update with the new value from "due amount" . But it is not happening. Please help in this.